Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All about Mrs. Simmons

Welcome to second grade at Turner Creek!!  I am very excited to start the school year with your children.  Since I will be learning about your children over the next few weeks, I'd like to tell you a little about me:

This is my fourth year at Turner Creek, and my first year in second grade. I have taught fourth grade here for the past 4 years.  Previously, I taught third grade for 5 years. Four of those were at Baucom Elementary and one year was in Person County. 

In September 2009 I earned my Masters of Arts in Teaching and Learning in Elementary Reading from NOVA Southeasten University.  I earned my undergraduate degree at the State University of New York at Cortland where I majored in Elementary Education and had a minor in History. 

I was born and raised in Cuba, NY, which is south of Buffalo.  I moved to North Carolina in 2005.  I love sports and am still a fan of my hometown teams-Bills, Sabres, and Yankees.  My mother was a travel agent and led many bus trips to Bills games and I got to tag along.  I will always love the Bills.

I have been happily married for almost 6 years now.  My husband and I have a 9 month old daughter, Vella, and a 3 year old son, Alton. They are sweet and love each other.  We also have two dogs: Rielly and Goober who are both rescues.  We are lucky enough to have family in Willow Spring so I get to spoil my nephew and twin nieces often.


I am looking forward to an amazing year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment