Tuesday, August 5, 2014

writing...

I just wanted to share some things we are working on in writing this quarter. We are using a plan to create a draft and this week we are focusing on what we can do to make our writing better. Today we talked about what a complete sentence was and how we can add more details. I did the first set of sentences, but the class created the rest using our spelling words. The last sentence was a run on, so we talked about how to turn it into two complete sentences. The class did a great job today and I wanted to share it. (Plus this is something that they can practice as they write their 6 sentences on Wednesday)



He jumped.
He jumped high.
He jumped high on the trampoline.
Derreck jumped high on the trampoline.
Derreck did a somersault as he jumped high on the trampoline.

My shin hurts.
My shin hurts because I was playing soccer.

The grass is brown.
The grass is brown because it is dead and dry.
The grass is brown because we haven’t had rain.

The car shines.
The car shines because I polished it.
The car shines because it just got painted and polished.
The car is really shiny because we just got it.
The car is shiny because the sun is shining on it.

The snake is scary.
The snake is scary because some can bite.
Snakes are scary because of their fangs.
The snake is scary because it hissed at me.
The snake is scary because it is venomous and might bite me. and It would hurt very bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment